Thursday, March 28, 2013


My short creative memoir, "The Long Last Year" hit #1 in two nonfiction categories yesterday on Amazon.ca! And it's doing very well on the overall bestseller list as well. That's a bit of a dream come true.

It's a strange feeling to have something you wrote about yourself, without those layers of fictionalization, being read by so many people. It's very flattering, but an out of body experience of sorts. I think most writers, at some point, dream of winning an award or being at the top of a bestseller list. But this story is special to me because, while it is a "creative" memoir, it really does provide an accurate view of who I was at the age of seventeen and the choices and challenges I faced that year. The very idea that people would care to read that story not only means a lot to me but makes me shake my head in disbelief and gratitude.

Thanks for support and interest, each and every one of you. A handsome portion of the proceeds for "TLLY" are going to For the Love of Learning, thanks to the generosity of my publisher, Fierce Ink Press, owned and operated by the dynamic duo of Kimberly Walsh and Colleen McKie.

Also, my heartfelt thanks to media, bloggers and social media peeps who've been so great at getting the word out for a good cause.

GC

No comments:

Post a Comment